Friday, June 08, 2012

SUPER TOMOMI!


When I read the topic for today’s challenge yesterday, I had to think very deeply. You see, I’m not really the kind of person who worries about certain things. I do worry about people since my happiness depends on them being happy, but I try not to let my worries affect my mood or my attitude or whatever. (I know, I know... my hormones affect my attitude, my mood and my whatever big time.) However, the thing is I have to write about something, not about someone. Therefore, I told myself that I’d probably just skip today’s challenge. Or I could just write about the challenge for today as something that I am worrying about.

Then again, this afternoon, just some minutes ago, I noticed something I have to be worried about. It was my schedule on Monday. As you already know, I work as a part-time online English instructor. I work from 18:00 to 23:00, which means that I work for 5 hours. Let me take this opportunity to actually describe what I do as an online teacher. I handle one-on-one video classes from Mondays to Fridays. Each class is supposed to last for 25 minutes (the schedule says 30 minutes, like 18:30-19:00, but the required time is only 25 minutes), you can extend the time, and it’s actually more ideal to do that, but you cannot have a class for less than 25 minutes, unless your student is late. Then again, since there is this 5-minute interval in between marathon classes, your student can be five minutes late and you can still talk to him/her for 25 minutes. Let’s just say that most of the time, okay, all the time, since I love my students sooooo much and since they also like me (I guess), the supposed to be 25-minute class lasts for 28-34 minutes. Needless to say, I always extend my classes. It’s not because I have poor time management skills, it’s because I want to at least make each of my students feel special, that I’m not in a hurry to end our class. So there.

Anyway, since I work 5 hours, the maximum number of students I can have, if I don’t wanna rest or go to the bathroom to pee (or to take a dump) or eat or breathe, is 10. Now, if I want to be human, like how I actually am, I think the justifiable number of students I can have is 8. And this is my schedule for Monday….

Now, if talking non-stop for 4 and a half hours is something I shouldn't be worried about, then I guess I can accept Captain America's proposal of how I should join the avengers. Haha! Kidding! That schedule is not a joke, though. 

Nevertheless, I know I can do it. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. And I'll show our manager that she can even put 10 students on my schedule, and I won't complain. I'll just do my job, pass my reports on time, and make each of those students happy. Even if it means that I would be tired. What is stress, anyway? 


(DAY 8)

1 comment:

  1. Good teacher. Your kindness toward your student makes them happy^ ^

    ReplyDelete