Monday, May 07, 2012

Memoirs from 2007


I was reading my old diary earlier this day; it contains memoirs from my TUP days. It’s been years since I experienced the encounters written in that notebook, but I can’t help but feel the emotions that are also expressed in those entries. 


I mean, the reason why I find pleasure in reading my old diary, or diaries, is because the feelings I must have felt when writing the accounts in them come back to me. And I am able to reminisce the times I’ve spent with significant people in my life during those times. It’s like short clips of the things that happened run in my head and I can’t help but still feel happy, annoyed, sad, mad, and even feel butterflies in my stomach as I remember them… I haven’t thought of those moments, and the people involved in them, for a long time; nevertheless, it seems as though all of it just happened yesterday…


Like when I met M, and when F approached us and asked if she could hang out with us,

Or when R shared his music player with me…

Or when IJ screamed “I love you (my name)” from across the street... (‘twas hilarious)

Or when I put my head on G’s shoulder thinking that he was K

Or when G asked me and my friends to share a table with him and his friends…

Or when G waved his hand in front of my face to get my attention back after I was lost in a moment shared with MD…

Or when R suddenly hugged me…

Or when I felt really blessed to have both F and M as my closest friends…

Or when I had misunderstandings with J and A...

Or when I caught MJ looking at me… or when we would stare at one another for no reason…

Or when MB and H finally talked to me… (I rejoiced, because they were the only ones in class who wouldn’t talk to me for a time. I guess it was due to the fact that they were (or seemed) introvert.)

Or when I exchanged overwhelming text messages with MJ and still have him feel not so at ease when we were personally together…

Or when J, my dog, died…

Or when F and I spent time with E, and E said that there should be another guy so that we can be partners… I and him and F and the other guy… E didn’t know that F had a crush on him….

Or when MJ said I looked like his girlfriend, and when he said that we should go home together, and when he lent me his Chemistry book so I can study (I lost mine), and when F and E accused us of flirting with each other, or when he called me “beautiful girl”…

Or when F and E had a love story in Recto… (hahahaha)

Or when MJ said (on a text message) that he would look for me the next day at school… (he didn’t find me, though)


M was my first friend in that university and G was my first crush… After getting close to G, I had a crush on MJ, the shy guy… M is not my friend, anymore; it is unfortunate, but I guess that’s just how things go… I’ve changed, and all of those TUPians mentioned above have changed as well. F, I think, is having a stronger relationship with her boyfriend from high school… G is now in love with another girl from TUP. IJ is now engaged to RB, one of our classmates in TUP. J and A are probably happy with their boyfriends. I don’t know much about H, R, E and MJ anymore… and the last encounter I had with MB was in Facebook. Well, the truth is, I come to know about some of the news in their lives through that social networking site. I know I am not as close to them as I used to be. I may not care that much about them now, and I do think they are not as concerned regarding what happens in my life as they used to be. Still, I am thankful for having spent a lot of good times with them, and as for the bad times, they don’t matter that much now. And if I’ll be given a chance to spend some time with them again, I’ll grab it, and I’ll talk to F, apologize for having caused her inconvenience for a time, try to mend my broken relationship with M, and catch up with the rest… especially with MJ. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment