Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Acts 16:34



"The jailer brought them into his home and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God, he and his whole family. "

Paul and Silas were imprisoned not because God wanted them to suffer but because God knows that He can be glorified through their conviction. In my devotion yesterday*, I came to realize that Christians cannot escape problems. The only difference between Christians and non-Christians having problems is the former can come out of the problems unharmed and better persons. This is definitely related to the word of the Lord today. At first, I just thought of writing about what kind of happiness we get when we meet God because that was what the jailer felt when he believed in God. And of course, the perfect definition for that happiness would be ‘EXTREME’.


However, as I started to write this, I believe that the Holy Spirit came upon me and allowed me to connect this rhema word with my rhema word last night.


God said that when we overcome our problems successfully, and that is done by being able to conquer them without losing our faith to God and succeeding without sinning, we glorify Him more. Moreover, we should try our best to tell people of His love and His words every day, making them accept Jesus as their savior and leading them to extreme happiness. Even when we face difficulties, we should not forget our obligation to God. As we do it, we can be sure that He will help us and guide us at all times.



* (which I have not posted here yet, I only have its hard copy and I do not have it with me as I type this.. Sorry..)


No comments:

Post a Comment