Thursday, May 31, 2012

Noble Character


I just love the 31st chapter of the book of Proverbs. I’ve read it numerous times, yet each time I read it, I cannot help but be astonished and inspired.

The first nine verses of this chapter are about what the mother of King Lemuel taught him. She, without a doubt, was a virtuous and sensible lady. She emphasized the folly of drinking excessively, and she told her son about the importance of upholding justice and speaking for those who are poor and helpless.

Verses 10 onwards discuss the attributes of an honorable wife. These verses are truly helpful and uplifting. I believe every woman, especially those who want to be good wives, should keep these verses in mind. As for me, I do not plan on marrying soon. I’ll probably tie the knot after seven or eight or nine, maybe even ten years. Marrying is definitely a thing of the far future for me, but until then, I’ll be keeping these verses in my heart. And I’ll read this chapter over and over and over again.



Indeed, charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised….. let her deeds publicly declare her praise*. There is nothing, nothing more important, than doing good and noble things… not just for one’s family and household, but for the Lord and the glory of His name.


*Proverbs 31:30-31
(Photo above not mine, got it from google search.. [actual source])

No comments:

Post a Comment