Monday, April 16, 2012

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12


1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 Make it your ambition to lead a quite life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

As Christians, we are already aware of the fact that we do not live for ourselves but for God. We exist to give Him praise, glory and to fulfill His purpose for us. One of the most common things that God wants us to do is to share the word of God to others. In my case, I like to refer to the word of God as the love of God for indeed, it is by His words that we feel loved although we face challenges. Since by knowing God, I feel His love, I am impelled to also share His words to others so that they as well can experience His love. However, I know that my behavior would definitely affect my will to share God’s love to others. Although the words I would refer to are actually God’s words (His promises found in the Bible), people would not listen to me if they know that I am living a troublesome life. If they do not see me doing things I am supposed to do, like obeying my parents when they ask me to do chores for example, they would not be encouraged with what I am saying even if I would quote the best verse in the Bible. Their hearts would be covered and their minds would be narrowed as they would only notice the dark blotch they see in my life. Hence, if I want to be an effective Christian who efficiently shares the word of God, I should lead a quite life, which means that I should stay out of trouble and only positively influence people. This also means that I should be careful to choose who I hang out with and treat each and every individual properly. Also, I should mind my own business, avoid listening to gossips and hanging around busybodies and I must also make sure that I do not give a false or an unproven testimony about someone else. In addition to that, I should work with my own hands. This implies that I should not be dependent on anyone but on God and on myself. I need to be dependent on God because He is actually the only one I can totally trust and rely on, but my faith would not be enough if I do not put it into actions, thus, I, myself, should also work. By being careful to live that kind of life, being sensitive to how others feel and how my actions would affect them and being blessed by God as I work with my hands, I would not need to convince people that they should listen to me when I tell them about God’s words, because they, themselves, will come to me and be curious of why I am blessed by God, loved by the people I care for and respected by those who do not really know me. With that, I am sure that once I share the word of God to them, the devil would not be able to do anything to block their minds and hearts in accepting Jesus Christ as their savior and deciding to live their life to please God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment