Friday, April 20, 2012

Father dear....

Almost everyone in the office is busy for their outing tomorrow… They’re going to the northern side of the country to spend their weekend on the beach… They asked me to come along, of course, but I can’t go with them. It is because for the first time in a long time, my dad said “no” when I asked him if I can go to Zambales. When I asked him why, he said that it’s because I don’t know these people that much yet. So, I need to spend more time with them before he allows me to go out of town with them. (Sigh) My first reaction was that my dad is being overprotective, not to mention judgmental, and that his reason for not giving me permission is unreasonable and unacceptable… but then, I realized that he is probably just worried… I did not talk about the matter further with him since I also realized that it is actually the first time that he did not give me permission to do something. Well, not literally the first time, but the first time since I was thirteen or twelve or maybe even before that? I mean, it’s been years… really… I can’t even remember the last time he told me that I cannot go somewhere or attend an event or whatever… Oh well, as I was talking to the dormitory matron this afternoon, she said that my dad is so lucky to have me as a daughter, but I know that’s not the case. I’m the one who’s lucky… errr… I mean blessed… to have my dad as my father. I have a Father in Heaven who is perfect and I am thankful to Him for allowing me to have my daddy as my father here on earth. He may not be a perfect individual, but he is so close to being one… but doesn’t everybody say that about their dads? I guess not… so, I’m one of the most blessed children in the world… indeed… I know I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment